Blargh
I'm tired of seeing the same post every time I open my blog, and I have several things almost written but who knows when they'll be fully written or at what point I'll just say oh what the heck and press publish anyway, so here's a very quick update for you and I even put some commas in there so don't complain about this long sentence. Stream of consciousness, baby. Chanelling Joyce.
I'm sure I would be more prepared for our upcoming "camping" vacation (not real hardcore camping because everything is on site, which is very normal in Europe but took a bit of concentrated Googling to find in this country) except yesterday I was struck down in my 40-year-old prime by a stomach virus/fever thing that made it impossible for me to stop the kids watching TV because I just had to nap on the sofa all day and the whole experience left me with a renewed respect for old people and people with chronic ailments because damn if life isn't much harder and more full of no fun when everything's an effort.
Contrary to my belief that it would probably last forever and I was probably dying of something horrible, as always comes upon me when sick, my fever disappeared around midnight last night and today I feel much better but after a burst of energy this morning (library, Target, laundry) I'm now a bit tired and prone to being grumpy and can't figure out what would be a good thing to eat and generally wishing I could put these children into suspended animation for a day. Or a week.
So that's why it's been quiet.
Labels: camping, sick adults, vacations

3 Comments:
Before we went on holidays this year I, too, was struck down with a mad bug. I think it's just the body gets so stressed that it needs to shut down for a bit. That's my theory anyway. God forbid we ever go anywhere for longer than ten days...
My Dad always used to get sick when we went on holidays. Mum and I hypothesized that it was because he'd be working so hard coming up to the break that the sudden relaxation was just too much for him.
Glad you're feeling better, I think it must have been a case of being hit by old age!!!! (joke!)
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home