Friday, June 28, 2013

Things to do before I turn 40: a very short list

Happily, I didn't have any set-in-stone plans for things I had to do before my thirties - those halcyon days, how I have enjoyed them - ended. I wonder what I might accomplish in the time I have left...
  • Finish reading this book. [unlikely; I'm only halfway through]
  • Go to bed early [one more chance for that]
  • Buy ingredients for something to bring to tomorrow's party [which is not mine, but I will be there, so I can appropriate it a little]
  • Make pizza for dinner
  • Buy a bottle of wine [ooh, ambitious]
  • Break up numerous sibling battles
  • Use emotional blackmail on the children to get them to bed on time for a change, just because it's my birthday tomorrow [how likely is that to work, really?]
A whole new decade. It'll be interesting.



Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it is full of cheerful children, plenty of wine and good food, and lots of much deserved love and attention x

 
At June 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Joanna O'Sullivan said...

Happy Birthday....Life begins and all that!

 
At June 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!!

 
At June 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

Happy birthday tomorrow!

 
At June 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Office Mum said...

Happy birthday and good luck fulfilling all above ambitions by tomorrow!

 
At June 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Looking for Blue Sky said...

Ha ha, happy birthday for tomorrow :)

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home