Monday, April 7, 2008

Midhusbandry?

Seven weeks, four days

Today I had my first appointment at the birthing center. They were nice, I met a male midwife, which I believe is a pretty unusual thing, and my uterus was pronounced to be just where it should be and of the expected size (about the size of a small plum, or a key lime, I'd say).

I felt a bit blech yesterday but am fine again today. Saturday night was odd though; all the extra blood was rushing round my body like mad, I think, and I felt exactly the way I would have if I'd had several beers too many at the cherry blossom party we were at earlier in the evening, which was very unfair when I hadn't even had a sniff of the saki let alone anything stronger than pomegranate juice. I woke up in the middle of the night with a thumping headache, roasting hot, and parched with thirst.

Pregnancy's funny stuff.

Labels: