Monday, March 24, 2008

Zen hormones

I thought this pregnancy would be a much worse kept secret than the first, but so far it's turning out about the same. I like this time, when phase 1 is complete but I still feel like it's really just a holding pattern until we get to week 12 and can count it as (hopefully, knocking on wood and not tempting any fate or anything) a really real thing, not just a potentiality.

Rather than being frustrated and impatient, right now I'm enjoying the incognito aspect of it. I'm underground pregnant, if you will. I don't have to talk about it, I don't have to make decisions (mostly; I'm happy with where and how I want to do it, and we're going to see them on Thursday), it's just a nice little secret we have that will, with luck, blossom forth in due course. Ooh, it's a Spring metaphor.

Quite possibly I'll be frustrated and impatient tomorrow. I just have zen hormones going on today.

Labels: