Monday, January 21, 2008

A new resolve

As of yesterday, operation sibling is Go. I hereby resolve to keep a better pregnancy diary this time round (whenever it happens - I mean we're about to start trying, not that I'm pregnant already). Even if it's just a couple of lines noting how I'm feeling, I really want a better record of that weird and amazing time. Or maybe I should just buy a notebook and keep it the old-fashioned way. Hmm.

This time we're going to be more relaxed about it - none of that temperature-taking and stuff - but on the other hand I think I can tell when I'm ovulating nowadays, so we won't be totally uninformed either. And hopefully some time between now and, say July (which will be the third anniversary of conception numero uno), there might be two pink lines on a stick.

Of course, this will be complicated by things like, um, Weaning, and double-um, Night Weaning, which will involve B. taking the nighttime calls from over the hallway for a while (that is, as long as it takes), and there will be tears. But there are already - at 4.00 this morning I fed Monkey both sides and then said "Okay, no more now, back to sleep," and there was much trauma and banging on the door (I was right there with him) and beating me up to try to get the boobies back out. At least B. won't get beaten up, even if there's more of the yelling instead.

Also, since he already calls "Daddy!" over the monitor, we'll just be doing what he's asking for. Except that I'm Daddy too, apparently.

Labels: ,