Friday, December 2, 2005

Ants, rice, and jeans

Ants. Ants everywhere. (Though not in my pants.) On my desk and climbing into my water all day. If I leave some water in my cup overnight, in the morning there's a little raft of dead ants floating in it. Joy.

Mm. Individual pots of rice pudding make a tasty mid-morning snack for the pregnant lady. I had a burst of nostalgia for Ambrosia Creamed Rice in the supermarket the other day, and while not the same, what I found instead are a tolerable substitute. I'm a bit sick of yogurt. (I'm also starting to crave Muller yogurts and other decent food from home. Lucky it's only two more weeks till we go.)

I'm definitely growing out of my trousers now - I'm only just fitting in my fat jeans, with the belt on the last hole (where it has never been no matter how fat I was). I have a couple of pairs where the trousers always fit me on the hips and I had to take in the waist, so I'm hoping that letting out the waist in those will see me through a couple more weeks, but really there's no getting away from the fact that I have to go shopping. I saw some potentially nice, bootleg maternity jeans in Wal-Mart (all the ones in Target are straight-legged) the other day, so I'll go back there and try them on this weekend. If they fit, they're only $17 and have cute pink sequins on the back pockets, so they'd be nice for going out over Christmas. Also, at that price I wouldn't feel at all bad about buying a second pair later on. I really need some tops too, but the real maternity ones are still floating on me in a very unflattering way, so I think I need to invest in a few larger sized regular long-sleeved things. There's no getting away from it - I'm just going to have to spend money.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home