Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Talk

What is this "Talk" they speak of? There are so many talks you can (should? might? are forced to) have with your kids.

For instance
  • How babies are made
and don't think you've got away without covering
  • How babies get out of there
and of course, the quite tricky
  • Why people would ever want to do that
and also
  • No they don't do it at the wedding, they wait a few hours and do it in private; and they've usually done it already by then
Then then there's the whole road down which you might not want to travel that begins with
  • What's a bad word?
  • Why I won't give you any examples of bad words
and
  • Why I think you'll probably know what I mean when you hear one
And finally (for this non-exhaustive list) there's the bathtime-inspired selection of Talks:
  • Girls don't have penises
  • I promise, that's not a penis
  • Why you shouldn't let your sister touch your penis
  • Why you definitely shouldn't encourage your sister to touch your penis
  • Why I don't care that you don't mean it and won't actually let her grab it
  • Enough already this bath is over get out right now



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Ohhhh, yes.... We have about three "talks" of delicate nature every day. Entertaining for all of us!!

 
At April 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 3 yr old daughter has asked why her butt has a tongue & if she had a pointy butt like her brother when she was a baby. This can only get worse...

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home