Monday, May 27, 2013

Agnes, elsewhere

I wrote a teeny piece of flash fiction, once upon a time, and then I sent it to the lovely Carmel Harrington, who just happens to be running a competition for such things right now.


Agnes

My basket held a packet of pasta shells and a jar of pesto along with the bottle of red, only because it’s polite to keep up the appearance of dinner when you invite a friend over to gossip for the evening. I was about to make an offhand comment to the woman in front of me, but somehow the words changed in my mouth.

‘Holy f*ck, it’s Agnes the Bearded Lady!’

Go here to read the rest, and if you like it, I'll remind you to vote after June 1st.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Vicki said...

Love it!

 
At May 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Maud said...

Thanks, Vicki!

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home