Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy camper

I'm filling in summer camp forms for the children. I want them to take Mabel as well as her brother, so I'm just going to leave some sections of hers blank, I think.

You can figure out for yourselves which parts of this I'm not really submitting.
  • Child's likes and dislikes: Likes: active play, imaginary play. Dislikes: You, probably.
  • Enjoys these physical activities: Climbing (trees, onto the top of the car), bike riding (barefoot), balancing precariously and swinging upside down over concrete surfaces.
  • My child has difficulty with these activities: Cleaning up, being polite to authority figures.
  • Things my child might need help with: Drying/dressing after swimming.
  • Fears and concerns of the participant: That you might not operate entirely according to her wishes.
  • Specific behavioural concerns: That she might be horrible to everyone.
  • Triggers of the specific behavioural concerns: Crossing her in any way, thwarting her will, etc.
  • What behavioural techniques have been successful that can be maintained during the program? Flagrant bribery with new dolls, Barbies, trips to Target, ice cream. 
I tell myself that she's perfectly fine (mostly) at school and camp is just like school only more fun (probably). She'll be a model camper.

Right?

(And I'll get two weeks of six blessed hours' peace Every Day.)

Mabel eating a s'more
Do they have s'mores at camp?

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At May 9, 2013 at 4:37 AM , Blogger the said...

Ahahaha- I tell you, the: Specific behavioural concerns: That she might be horrible to everyone.
I have that everyday with Anna.
She doesn't like new people and just screams at them 'noooooo', if they look at her.

Good LucK!

 
At May 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Gwendy said...

Love it! I am going to send my oldest two to some adventure thing. Not too sure about the actual stuff they will be doing just yet, but again, a morning's peace every day for 5 days. What I am going to do with the 4 and 2.5 year old I have no idea.

 
At May 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Love it - Alice @ Mums Make Lists

 
At May 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Scottish Mum said...

Bribery yep, seems to be a common thing.

 
At May 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Looking for Blue Sky said...

Fab, that made me smile - but I do love it when girls have strong wills, it'll stand to her :)

 
At May 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Maud said...

Thanks! Yes, Mabel has the lovely habit at the moment of blowing a raspberry at people who try to be nice to her. Sigh.

 
At May 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Maud said...

I know it will, and she does have a will of iron. It's just a little more challenging to parent. :)

 
At May 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Maud said...

Sandpit? Paddling pool? Peppa Pig on repeat? Plenty of options... good luck with yours!

 
At May 13, 2013 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Thrift Store Mama said...

I'm trying to figure out how to make it work for us to stay through July, because I would love to see Mabel and Ramona in camp together - they would be thick as thieves or mortal enemies . . .

 
At May 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Maud said...

It's not the one D did last year, though; they don't take them till 5, and Mabel's still 4 this summer. They're both doing local camps this year.

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home