High efficiency
I just wanted to mention that if I'm only going to have half a day's worth of work to do in this here new job, I wish they'd let me make it be the second half. Getting up at 6.30am is not happy-making to me. Anything with a 6 in it will always just feel far too much like special-occasion, going-to-the-airport early, not weekday normal early. And anyway, since I regard the first hour as time when they can make me sit here but I'm damned if I'm going to do anything more useful than read the news and putter around some web sites - because it's just wrong to start work at 8 - it would all be so much more efficient if I could come in at, say, 10am, and leave around 4. I'd do the same amount of work and not spend all this ridiculous time faffing around feeling guilty. Of course, they'd have to pay me the same. Or more, because think of the resources I'm saving them, like lighting for my desk and electricity for my computer.
I thought this new job was supposed to keep me busy. I thought they had 65 manuals just sitting around waiting to me written. But they feed them to me in dribbles instead, and I can't even claim any more (pathetic as it was) that I may be surfing for muffin recipies, but I'm also doing valuable phone-manning duty.
I'm too efficient, clearly. I need to take over the world, or something.

0 Comments:
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home