Sober sleepy grumpy me
This weekend we went to a Superbowl party and I got grumpy. I’d like to say that my sleep patterns are disturbed, but that would be stretching the truth. My pattern goes like this: I sleep a lot. And it appears that I need it all. (No, I’ve had the blood tests and there’s no physical reason for it. I just likes me bed.) On Friday night I slept for about 11 hours, minus a little while around 1am and again at 4am when I was awake because I could only breathe through half of my nose and the other half was on the verge of needing to be blown. Yes, you’re glad I told you that. On Saturday night I slept for about nine hours. On Sunday evening, having done very little during the day except some light grocery shopping and a few hours of editing, I went to a Superbowl party and by the second quarter my eyelids were drooping. I napped through most of the rest of the game, and woke up only in order to be narky that we weren’t out the door the very second the stupid thing was over, just because some people were unreasonable enough to want coffee.
Herewith my excuses. On Friday night I was extra tired because I was still getting over Thursday night, when I had too much beer and only about five-and-a-half hours’ sleep, and I had fainted in the morning to boot. On Saturday night, um, well, I’d done the long pilates tape that day, which is a whole 50 consecutive minutes of exercise. And I have this dragging-out cold thing going on, with the phlegm and the stuffy. And most significantly, American Football is incredibly boring. The game was about three hours too long, and of course the one hour where I was paying attention – the first – was the least interesting of the whole thing, with no scores at all. I perked up a bit to snark happily at the half-time show, and I swear I saw the Janet Jackson’s Boob Moment, but nobody else said anything so I decided it was evidently the product of my fevered mind. And then the darkness claimed me. Again. Oh, also, I wasn’t drinking much (see Thursday night, above) so I didn’t have the alcohol-induced chirpyness that can sometimes work to keep me awake. Yes, you can have tipsy awake funny me, or sober sleepy grumpy me. No wonder people keep plying me with beer.
3:37 pm - 02 February 2004
Labels: self-centred, sleep

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home