Redacted
And now I have to take it all back, because the weather all weekend was just gorgeous.
On Saturday, Dublin Bay looked like this.
So we did this.
And then, in traditional manner, we went and did this.
If you're not from around here, Teddy's sell famous ice-cream cones. They even had a "Recession Special" family deal of two grown-up 99s and two kid-sized 99s for a mere 6 euros.
(A 99, if you're still not from around here, is a whipped-ice-cream cone with a stick of Cadbury's Flake inserted for good measure. History does not record why they're called 99s. When I was small, they cost 50p and were already called 99s, so it's not about the price. They looked a bit like this after I'd stood around in the sunshine holding all four while I waited for B and the kids to circle back around and pick me up - the problem with Teddy's on a sunny day is that there's nowhere to park. I did what I could to save them, but they may have been a little smaller when they got to their final recipients.)

1 Comments:
I love 99s! By the way, Eamonn's in Alexandria sells them.
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home