Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Electric avenue

Boom, boom, boom, Mister Brown is a wonder. Boom, boom, boom, Mister Brown makes thunder.

Right now it's lashing rain and crashing thunder and if Mabel wakes up from this unaccustomed early night - acquired only at great personal expense due to a total lack of napping - I will be most upset with Thor, or whoever it is that's in charge up there.

Monkey has been hearing about Greek myths again lately - he was talking about how people believe in God the other day, except he kept saying "gods" instead. I didn't think it necessary to correct him. There's not much point saying, "Well, it's God that we don't know exists. There definitely aren't gods, that's just wrong."

Oh. There goes the electricity. That was predictable. Time to locate the torches (flashlights, I mean; don't be visualising us going around brandishing giant flaming branches or anything) just in case. How am I going to get my coffee now, I ask you? I shouldn't even open the fridge to have milk with my cookie.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 29, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Jennifer Thorson said...

But there are people who believe in gods, and God,and faeries, and Universal Energy, and a few who a I think really are serious about the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

So whatever Monkey's thoughts on other people's beliefs he's probably right about somebody.

 
At June 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Maud said...

Well, exactly.

 
At June 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope to see you tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home