Saturday, September 18, 2010

Metatember

I'm doing pretty well, this month. Compare, if you will, my 16 posts in 18 days of September with my pathetic showing in 2007 of 4 posts for the entire year. (I was busy having a one-year-old, or something. Lay off.)

I'm sort of practising for NaNoBloMo, which is when bloggy people try to write a blog post every day of the month of November. You get a sticker or something, if you manage it. I think they have to be real posts, not just knock-knock jokes or something (unless that was, in fact, the theme of your blog, I suppose), but I think you're probably on your honour to do it right if you're doing it at all.

But I feel a bit like the bloke in the other joke. The one where there's a competition in the pub to see who can down ten pints in one go, and he says, "Hang on a minute," and comes back five minutes later, sits down, and aces the contest. They ask him where he went, and he says he popped to the pub next door and had a quick ten there to make sure he could do it. (Obviously, he was in Ireland, where the idea of another pub next door is perfectly reasonable.)

So I hope I haven't used up all my words by the time November comes around.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Thrift Store Mama said...

Sometimes I post and then I think "Stupid - you should have saved that for NaBloPoMo !!!"

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home