Mundanities
I seem to have been on a roll lately with posting. I used to post when I felt I had something specific to say, but I'm leaning more towards the "80% of success is showing up" angle these days and trying to make it a habit. Do tell me if I'm boring you, won't you? It's also quite nice just to start typing and see what falls out - sometimes the tangents turn out to be more interesting than what I was originally going to say.
Our autumn is about to get busy. Monkey went back to school last Tuesday (five mornings a week), and I have a couple of classes scheduled for Mabel and me while he's busy there. Add the child-swap for the Correctly Hyphenated Doula Company and that will take up pre-nap every day, pretty much, with maybe one morning for doing the shopping. On top of that we have soccer for Monkey starting tomorrow - Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings; my pilates class on Wednesday evenings (first time I'll have considered my "core" since I got pregnant with Mabel, so that should be lots of fun); and of course it's coming up to marathon season so I'll continue to be a running widow on a regular basis for the next month or two. Then there's regular co-opping at school and the grannies' visit in October and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
We went and bought shin guards and a pair of cleats (soccer shoes with plastic studs) for Monkey today, to add to his new shorts and t-shirt ensemble for tomorrow. To say he's quite excited would be an understatement. I just hope I can get him to take a nap tomorrow afternoon, because soccer doesn't happen till 6pm, and a whole field full of unnapped, hyper, overexcited three-and-four year olds armed with soccer balls is really a terrifying thought. Which is why his father is taking him.
Everyone in the family got new shoes yesterday, except me. The fact that I got a new pair of jeans (for $22 - score) does not make up for it. Mabel now has two exceptionally cute pairs of shoes for this winter, and I'm dead jealous. My search for the perfect boots will soon begin again. Again.

1 Comments:
Tell me more about this Wednesday night Pilates class.
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home