Friday, September 18, 2009

Notes for an entry

No really, I will come back and make this an actual entry. But right now, nobody's napping, so...

What I want -
is to be a soft place for my children in a hard world. When the world gives them hard edges and sharp words, prickly pears and prickly people, I want them to come to me for comfort, support, a hug, a kiss-it-better, or just a non-critical ear.

My natural great laziness counterbalances my controlling nature and I hope this will enable me to let them find their own way as they grow, to be independent as my parents - whether by accident or design - did for me; that's one of the greatest gifts they gave me. Though as I get older and have a family I learn that trying to be totally independent is not always a good thing; sometimes you have to ask for help, sometimes you have to let people help you, often it really does take a village.

What I want for my children: for them to be gentle, generous and independent. And happy, obviously.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home