A tiny triumph
Wrote this on Tuesday but couldn't post it till now:
I don’t want to tempt fate, but I’m pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. Finally. After another fake-out on Friday exactly the same as the previous one, except this time I was totally certain I was definitely ovulating. Today’s high temperature was one-tenth of a degree higher than the two fake-out temperatures, and coupled with yesterday’s very tender nipples – a sure-fire indicator two cycles ago – and Sunday’s urgent and primal desire to be shagged good and hard, I hope I’m not being too hubris-laden when I say that I reckon I ovulated yesterday and my Peak Day (in fertility-speak) was Sunday.
So everything’s happy shiny in my world today because we timed things pretty well and now all I have to do is sit around and wait. Of course, this smugness is pathetic when I realise that I Only Feckin’ Ovulated. It doesn’t mean I’m pregnant at all. I have sworn off the pregnancy and baby threads at the discussion boards I frequent, for fear of jinxing anything, and I have to stop myself having conversations in my head that begin with “Boss, I’ll be finishing up in April instead of August…”.
Conception is by no stretch of the imagination a done deal. In fact, I should really assume that the chances are slim. Otherwise, I will drive myself potty.
Labels: TTC

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home