Toilet humour
Okay, so I mostly phoned it in yesterday. But I was just thinking of you, you know. Sometimes you don't want a whole, long diatribe about my life to wade through, no matter how full (or empty) it may be of thrilling hilarity and/or insightful witticisms. But I want you to know I'm still here for you, so I limit myself - with great personal sacrifice - to no more than a line or two.
----------------
Twice today Monkey raised my hopes and then dashed them. Mid-afternoon, he announced loudly that he was going to the toilet, and then ran off to the bathroom by himself. I followed, to see what was up, and he told me to go away. "Oh-kay," I thought. "Maybe this is it. Maybe his need for privacy and a big truckload of sense have both just kicked in. Together. At once.... Hmmm."
Five minutes later he emerged with his jeans tucked into his socks and wearing cardboard 3-D glasses under his pulled-up hood, and annouced that he was Baseball Man. His superpowers are speed and strength, I believe. And, as his father remarked when he did the same thing later on this evening, a bladder of steel.
-----------------
Earlier on, he and Mabel had found my discreet emergency stash in the spare-toilet-rolls drawer in the bathroom. (Not the chocolate digestives. The Ladies' emergency stash, if you know what I mean. Oh, wait. Same diff.) When I got to the scene they were passing them back and forth, bartering a pink panty-liner for two yellow maxi-pads, and finding out how many tampax regular you can fit in the centre of one toilet roll. (Five, if you must know).
Which is still better than the day I had to remember to remove the unwrapped panty-liner from the coat-closet door where Mabel had stuck it (and where it was impressively camouflaged) before company arrived.
Labels: kids are icky, madness, siblings
2 Comments:
Just found this/you. Would it make you feel better to know that you can just barely fit an ob tampon up the body of a tin whistle? And that if you jam them in consecutively you can fit four? And that having done that, there's no way to get the top two back out? All of these are true facts.
Thank you! That's very, um, enlightening. I will make sure to keep my tin whistle far from the stash of ladies' things.
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home