Monday, October 7, 2013

Rat's arse

This morning it was still so humid that it was positively smelly outdoors, and I put on capris and a t-shirt and sandals again and complained loudly. Since then the deluge has reached us, the lawn (ahem) is dotted liberally with yellow leaves from the trees behind us, and everything's a lot more autumnal. I made soup for lunch. It's still humid, but getting better.

---------------------

I went to a local clothing co-op used clothes/books/toys sale at the weekend, and I had to take the kids with me because their father was out on his Saturday morning long run. I promised they could each get a toy so long as they let me look in the big room with the clothes first. I was in search of one thing: snow boots for each child. I found a perfect pair for Mabel, but the price I paid was more than the $5 I happily forked over to the nice lady at the desk, because in the toy room a disgruntled Dash found the most horrible toy in the world, and I was powerless to refuse, since it cost a mere two dollars.

Plastic rat

It's a plastic rat. It is remote controlled, and its little red eyes light up as it whizzes around the kitchen floor. It is the embodiment of evil. And now it lives in my house.

Toy rat with red lighting-up eyes
------------------------

My body is rebelling against the computer by giving me a sore wrist. It can't really tell me any louder that I need to lay off the Facebook and go and read a book. And yet, here I still am. I'm getting better at surfing with my left hand, mind you.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Office Mum said...

I was so looking forward to seeing a picture of this rat. For some reason I pictured him being life-sized as in the same size as a human, and couldn't figure out why anyone would have such a thing in the house. He is nevertheless quite hideous!

 
At October 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

Ahhhh, horrible!! Almost as horrible as the very large screeching, dancing ostrich with disgusting curled claws that my MIL gave my kids a few years ago **shudder**

 
At October 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Joanna O'Sullivan said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhh, this is as bad as I thought it would be before I clicked through. AND it can sneak up on you while Dash operates it from a remote location, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhh. It reminds me of when our hamster escaped from his cage when we were very young. We couldn't find him and my mam had to go out in the evening so while she was gone we tied a long piece of thread to a hamster-coloured sock and honestly, stayed hidden for a ridiculous amount of time until Mam came in the door. I'd say my dad was delighted that he didn't have to do any real minding while we hid. We pulled the thread and the sock flew right past Mam, over her shoes, she was hysterical (not laughing), extremely upset. We thought it was the best fun ever. Imagine how much fun we'd have had with that disgusting toy you have?! Oh yuck, just read Emily's comment; the ostrich sounds worse than the rat and, by extension her MIL sounds worse than the rat!!!! Seriously, aren't your children going to so enjoy reading your blog when they're adults!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home