Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fortunately/unfortunately

(Format shamelessly stolen from the children's book of the same name.)

Unfortunately, Mabel decided she didn't want to go to school today.

Fortunately, my husband's job is delightfully flexible, so he was able to stay with her while I set out for the run I had planned for after I dropped her off.

Unfortunately, I only got as far as the end of the road before I ran out of steam, decided fighting with Mabel had sapped the energy from my very bones, and went home again. (There probably wasn't much energy there to begin with.)

Fortunately, this gave me plenty of time for a nice long shower with the new shower gel and to shave my legs for the first time in about a month.

Unfortunately (for Mabel), you don't get to watch TV if you stay home for no good reason.

Fortunately, she just got a belated birthday present of some new Lego, so she was able to entertain herself pretty well all morning.


Unfortunately, I still didn't feel like carting her to the supermarket, so I didn't do the shopping.

Fortunately, I can probably cobble something together for dinner from what we already have, even if it's just (not from a box) mac 'n cheese and roasted broccoli.

Unfortunately, our babysitter can't come this weekend so we're not going to get to see the new Bond film as I was hoping.

Fortunately, her mom sent me the number of a friend who has three daughters who would love to babysit.

Unfortunately, Mabel won't countenance the idea of any other babysitter.

[...Maud bursts into tears at the idea of Daniel Craig carrying on without her...]

Unfortunately, I can't find a picture I wish to endorse here, because his magnetism does not work for me in stills. When I first saw him (in Munich, with bad hair) I couldn't figure out why I found him so attractive, but every time he was on screen my eyes just wouldn't look anywhere else.

Daniel Craig all sexy and dishevelled

If the picture's not working, you can go here and feast your eyes on whichever one you like best.

Fortunately (for you), I got over it and found this one anyway. You're welcome.



Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 16, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger cmcgrath said...

unfortunately, there's no there there! (or at least on my computer. might just have to go searching google images on my own...)

 
At November 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Maud said...

Oh, heck. Sorry. Let me try to fix that.

 
At November 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Anonymous Joanna said...

Weeeeellllllll???? We're waiting!

 
At November 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Maud said...

Sorry, I don't think I can make it work. But I left you a link and some enticing words instead.

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home