- Monday was Labor Day, of course, so that didn't count.
- On Tuesday, Dash went to school and so did Mabel, but then I spent most of the morning sorting out paperwork in the nursery school's office, as part of my board committment this year. (Last year I was in charge of housekeeping, which as you can imagine was not really my forte, but gave me a foot in the door. This year I have sidestepped into "Membership", which means I get to do filing and pester people about submitting their forms in a timely fashion. Next year I aim to rise to the exalted heights of Secretary, when I will be allowed to take minutes.)
- On Wednesday, I was co-oping in Mabel's classroom.
- On Thursday, I had to do some more paperwork.
- On Friday, I finished up the paperwork by double-checking exactly who was still delinquent with which forms and signatures, and ran away to the optician's to get the nose-pads replaced on my glasses.
I also dropped into Old Navy while waiting for the optician's to open and picked up a pair of chinos, but that's neither here nor there.
My point is that I've barely begun to live, freedom-wise. Today I went go to Safeway and hung out a load of laundry, and that pretty much took up all the two and a half hours I had before it was time to go and get child #1 again. When I thought I was going to fit in freelancing I don't know.