Missing
Monkey thought it would be a great idea to play with the baby monitor as half a walkie-talkie this afternoon - after he'd wrested it from his sister's hands, since she was the one who originally asked me for her "mometer", I don't know quite why but probably something to do with the three babies she'd just gathered up and tenderly unclothed because they needed a change and probably a nap - anyway, now my children are both asleep and I have in the kitchen a wire plugged in at one end and dangling like a naughty participle at the other because I lost track of the vital part some time after I heard the whine of feedback emanating from Mabel's room whereupon time folded in on itself and everyone seemed to start yelling for dinner and sandwiches and apple juice and I was just hanging on by the cuticle of an unmanicured fingernail for B to come through the door and so that I could leave and go vacate my brain and stretch out my spine at my pilates class.
All of which means that we can't watch anything televisual right now because we wouldn't hear her inevitable waking if we did. And no matter how much some people might think it would do her good and she'd just go back to sleep on her own after a little while, I respectfully beg to differ. She would scream herself silly, quite possibly wake her brother, maybe come out looking for me and fall downt the stairs, and generally be totally paranoid by the time I did go and put her back to sleep such that she would fling all parts of her over my body in her sleep and never let me leave.
So I thought I'd just sit here and write some very long sentences for you to unravel. You're welcome.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home