Saturday, March 26, 2011

Administrative issues

[Update: Okay, so it might take a couple of tries to get this to work the way I want it to. If you already clicked the button, but it looks as if you didn't, go ahead and click it again. If you like. Not that I want to pressure you into anything. But I had to reinstall it and it's gone back from 15 lovely people to 0 and I'm a bit sad about that...]

I am, I admit, a teensy bit addicted to Facebook. It began innocently enough, a couple of Novembers ago when we were trying to catch up with people we might see at home over Christmas, and a friend who is somewhat more on the cutting edge of technology than we are - I'm more trailing-after-the-bandwagon-still-considering-things than early-adopter - said thst B and I should get on Facebook to make it easier to keep up with friends. Before then I had assumed that FB was much like MySpace - something for the Young People and the Music People and People Who Were Not Me.

But then it turned out that Facebook was full of people who were me, or at least very like me in many respects. Since that time, of course, it's all gone to hell in a handbasket and people like my aged uncles and uncles-in-law are on it too, which I think might be going a bit too far when I remember who may have just read my thrilling update about an underwire having gone bendy in the dryer again. I try to maintain a respectful division of generations and I don't go round searching for nieces and nephews to befriend, but if one extends an invitation to me, I won't be rude and refuse. (Although I reserve the right to hide their updates, especially if they're overwhelmingly about Manchester United.)

Anyway, these days I spend far too much time obsessively refreshing to see if anyone has done anything interesting, or refining my bons mots and aphorisms (and petits fours and whatnot) in the hopes of igniting empathetic comment and witty discourse among my followers. I mean, friends. I mean, friends and "friends".

So, you might observe, if you're a particularly noticing sort of person, a new button over there on the right. I hope you're not offended by it. (If you are, look away again. Just pretend it's not there.) I just thought it might be nice to have a quick way for people to interact without having to comment, and a handy method of sending a link straight to anyone who might be interested in reading a new update. If you "like" the blog but don't want the updates, you can always hide them and I'll be none the wiser.

So go on, have a wee click there.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. Oh, I am so similar. Refreshing constantly to see if I have any new fans to my FB page. I will "Like" yours. Will you so kindly do the same to me? Thanks in advance.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Ups-and-Downs-of-a-Yoga-Mom/180823178627387

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home