Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Little Miss Justify and Young Master Strike-a-Deal

Have you met my children? Let me introduce you.

Little Miss Justify has perfected the art of the injured-sounding response:

- Mabel, don't shout. You're hurting my ears.
- I not shouting, Mukkey. I was just walking.

- Don't touch that, Mabel; you might break it.
- I'm just wooking at it, Mummy.

- Stop kicking the maps, Mabel. (The map books that live in the pocket on the back of the car seat in front of Mabel's place.)
- I not kicking them. I was just bobbling them with my foot. [That should be "bobbewing", I suppose, for verisimilitude.]

While her brother, young Master Strike-a-Deal, will bargain you for anything, even when it's something he wants to do and you have no interest in whatsoever.

- Eat your sandwich, Monkey.
- I know, Mummy, I'll make a deal with you.
- Uh huh?
- I'll eat one of my vitamins and then you can give me a digestive biscuit.
- And your sandwich?
- Well, I don't really want my sandwich. It's not really very cool, Mummy.
- Uh huh. Sandwich.
- Or, listen, Mummy, here's my new idea. I'll eat a digestive biscuit and then - and THEN - I can have a black-bean brownie. Because they're good for me.
- Sandwich.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous Ourmadillo said...

My kid turns his nose up at those digestive biscuits.

 

Post a Comment

Say something!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home