Famming goos
Mabel talks in sentences of six or seven words now, and conjugates and uses pronouns and all sorts. This morning she said, "Maybe Daddy took it." She used the word "earlier" correctly last weekend, and will answer "because" when you ask why. (She's not so clear on what comes after because.)
At the crack of dawn the other morning she could hear B and Monkey downstairs and got up to join them, leaving me metaphorically in the dust. (Or for dead, whichever.) I rolled over and buried my head a little deeper in the pillow, as she cheerily announced, "Bye, Mummy ... have fun."
We don't have a huge number of (non Disney or Pixar) kid DVDs, but somehow we acquired two of the nauseating songs and animals and children dressed in "fashions" from the early 90s (why does that not sound as long ago as it is?) type baby DVDs, and I grudgingly have to admit that someone must have really done their research, because it seems babies really like them. Mabel has discovered the Baby Animals one, and the other day was transfixed by the baby flamingoes section. Why flamingoes? I don't know - personally I find the baby lion cubs a lot cuter, but she has suddenly started to demand the "Famming goos" at all hours. When we're sick of the DVD we bring out the big word book, which contains a picture of a famming goo, but after that she's on her own.
Wait till I put on Potty Power for her. I shudder in anticipation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home