Vocabulary
Excuse me if I'm a little distracted. While child one is slumbering peacefully on the sofa - as well he should since he woke at 5am, the sod - child two is buzzing around, arms windmilling, pausing now and then to find a new hat (the door to the coat closet fell off / was removed for safety / is no longer there, so the hats are right there for her to grab at will, scattering mittens as she goes), playing with everything at once and telling me "ap-pul, ap-pul" as she points to the apple in the big word book. Now she's got the kid camera out and is saying "jheezz". It's very entertaining but it's not what you'd call taking a nap, exactly.
She's having one of those vocabulary explosions that her brother didn't have till he was 20 months or so. In the past couple of days she's added ball, apple, cheese, down, hi, no, and go-go (for gorilla) to her previous Mummy and Daddy (interchangeable), bye, yes, up, ba for bath and de for dog. I may be going out on a limb here, but I think she'll be an early talker. She also says things that sound suspiciously like "go away" and "mine", but let's give her the benefit of the doubt on those.
She's not sleeping very well just now; I've decided to call it the 15-month sleep regression, but I'm pretty sure the talking has something to do with it. I'll think she's finally dropped off but then she'll lift her head and shout "ball".
(In other news, I think I've made five different sorts of muffins in the past week, since The Snows began. Plain chocolate chip, modified chocolate chip (I used part wholewheat flour and banana baby yogurt instead of plain yogurt; I was at the end of my supplies after Snow Round I), choc choc chip, banana butterscotch, and probably something else I can't remember. As well as banana buttermilk pancakes, a loaf of yeast bread (still not rising properly; must keep trying), french toast, chewy seedy apricot bars, and, you know, dinners.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Say something!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home